- Rin wig and bow (you need only the bow not the bow/headphone combo)
- Matryoshka contacts (here's a link to a website that you can buy from: http://m.aliceandrabbitshop.com/site/mobile?dm_path=%2Fprehalloweenclearance.htm&fw_sig_api_key=522b0eedffc137c934fc7268582d53a1&fw_sig_is_admin=0&fw_sig_permission_level=0&fw_sig_site=84111083&fw_sig_access_token=77d7fed31797f2a7f631a624a4a38bf60e7b5188&fw_sig_social=1&fw_sig_locale=en-US&fw_sig_session_key=065050b5249e0ddffe5f2a9211ad788390778b0adb6bbdd26e355c0d93706f6d-84111083&fw_sig_permissions=none&fw_sig_time=1397003988523&fw_sig=dab9a7e54185e0f79206443dcc0b2d24&fw_sig_tier=1&fw_sig_premium=1&fw_sig_url=http://www.aliceandrabbitshop.com/&fb_sig_network=fw#3013)
- One zip-up jacket/hoodie (preferably one that's either pink or yellow, it can have the hoodie design on it if you want it to)
- A gray skirt
- Mismatched stockings/thigh-highs (the more colorful and abstract they are the better ^_^)
- A pair of converse shoes (make 'em bright and colorful!)
- Worn brown leather gloves or any sort of black/brown gloves
- Multicolored bobby pins/hairpins (these are the same as the socks, the more abstract and colorful they are the better! Maybe throw in some sparkly ones for good measure ☆〜（ゝ。∂）
- A Matryoshka smiley face on a stick (this is an optional prop, you would use it as a mask)
- Electrical tape
- Mirror (it can be a handheld or the one in your bath/bedroom)
Tuesday, April 8, 2014
Matryoshka Kagamine Rin
Hey guys! Sorry for not posting in like weeks. ^^; I haven't really been able to put together a tutorial until now. ^_^;; I volunteered at my high school's art festival this past Friday, my friends and I were encouraged to come in cosplay just to have something fun and new at the festival. So I decided to make a Matryoshka Rin. :) It's really simple as long as you have a Kagamine Rin wig. ^w^ So I guess here it is!! :D
STEP 1: Reference Pic!!!
STEP 2: Gathering Materials:
STEP 3: The only thing that I really need to explain is why there's electrical tape and scissors on the list above. That is because you can use it for the markings on any Matryoshka character's face. Electrical tape is really awesome to use for the more angular face patterns. Whereas if your character has dots/circles or wavy lines in their facial pattern then you'll want to use eyeliner or a costume makeup crayon. I personally like to use the electrical tape method much more than the other methods.
With electrical tape you don't have to worry about it fading or wearing off or smearing. The only problem is if you're going to wear it for more than 4 hours, especially if it's at a con but it also goes for photo shoots or casual meet ups with friends. If this applies then after about 3 1/2 hours you'll want to take off the old tape, wash your face or wipe taped over areas with a face towelette, then replace the tape after your face is dry and there's no blotchy spots left from the tape. WARNING: As soon as you rip off the tape your skin will feel raw! Let your face have at least 10 - 30 minutes of rest in between tape usage!
Eyeliner or any other makeup will have to be touched up more often than the electrical tape. If you go with this method then make sure that you have whatever product you're using on hand at all times and a mirror. Makeup will most likely smudge and fade if you wear it for a long period of time. It's always a good thing to be in a group so that they can tell you if your makeup is in need of some touching up. :)
STEP 4: Here's a link to a Matryoshka smiley face template: http://www.deviantart.com/morelikethis/217089010?view_mode=2 Print it out then use glue and a large popsicle stick to make your mask. :)
And there you go! You now have a Matryoshka Kagamine Rin cosplay! It makes for a great last minute cosplay before that con or for a beginner cosplayer. :) I will be trying to post a tutorial for how to use the electrical tape method and maybe the eyeliner method as well. Thanx for reading this post! XD
PS- Here's some pics of me and my friend as Matryoshka Norway and Rin. (I'm Rin if you didn't know) We both used the tape method since I didn't have any eyeliner or such. Plus neither of us had Matryoshka contacts. ^_^;;;